Steve and I have both spoken before about the benefits of raising your vibration but many people ask me how to do that. Raising your vibration refers to raising your frequency. This is a spiritual frequency. Think of it as a scale with someone like Jack the Ripper at one end and Jesus Christ at the other. When you raise your vibration you begin to resonate at a higher frequency and things become possible that just aren’t possible at the other end. Raising your vibration has the benefit of increasing your awareness and your connection with Source. Psychic abilities develop at higher vibrations too. Karmically speaking, a higher vibration brings you closer to fulfilling your soul’s growth, so that you may not need to incarnate as often and can spend more time in the Ether. All good in my book.
So how do you raise your vibration?
The following tips are just some of the ways you can raise your vibration, but are by no means all.
1. Purify your body. Toxins lower your energy and your vibration, so if you can, remove cigarettes, alcohol, animal products, refined foods, pesticides, and smog/pollution from your life. Instead, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, and try to buy organic wherever possible. Live where the air is fresh and people aren’t blowing smoke at you.
2. Take a social inventory. I read in a book once that whichever 6 people you spend the most time with you are most likely to emulate. So who are you hanging around with? Who do you spend the most time with? What are they like? Are they honest, hard working, highly aware people who are peaceful, loving, kind and compassionate? Or are they pessimistic, argumentative, greedy, selfish louts who lie, cheat, and steal their way through life? If you’re around people who vibrate at a low frequency, you’ll be hard pressed to keep your energy high.
3. Meditate. Meditation will raise your vibration. When you quiet your mind it gives Source an opportunity to reach you. All you have to do is listen. You don’t have to chant and sit in a funny position that will cause your feet to fall asleep. Just sit in a chair or lie in your bed, take some deep breaths, do a visual meditation or just quiet your mind. Start asking questions and see if you hear any answers.
4. Practice compassion. When you genuinely and compassionately help others you automatically raise your vibration. There have been times when I’ve gotten some bad news, or I’m upset, or someone has called me a Satanist (again… ) and my energy is temporarily lowered. Steve sometimes has to talk me down or give me an emergency foot massage. But I’ve learned that when I’m “in my stuff” as my friend calls it, that the best way for me to break out of the negative is to remember how blessed I am and help someone less fortunate than myself.
5. Journal. Steve tried to get me to journal for years and I resisted. Then he bought me a nifty journaling program and I loved it. I have journal entries going back 4 years. Instead of writing what I did each day like a laundry list, I use the journal to explore my own personal growth. Self-discovery is awesome! It definitely raises your vibration. When you know that you are the only one in the world who will read your journal (it is password protected) then you feel safe to explore your own psyche. I’ve learned a lot about myself through journaling and I really recommend it. Once you get going you might even be able to channel messages from your higher self. And the best part is you have a written record that you can actually search through when you want to find something you wrote years ago (and that beats looking through a handwritten diary or journal!).
Again, these are just a few ways to increase your vibration. Listening to music, exercising, and volunteering your time will work too. Anything you do that taps into your heart and your joy will raise your vibration.
For more help in raising your vibration, check out and purchase Erin’s new audio program: Raising Your Vibration which includes 10 ways to raise your vibration in under 10 minutes plus 2 guided meditations.