You may have heard the saying, “We are spiritual beings having a human experience” which is something I firmly believe. We are souls inhabiting a human body so we can experience physicality for a while. When we are done with our physical vessel, our soul returns to the ether.
I know a lot of spiritually minded people who spend a lot of time developing and caring for their spiritual being.
But I also sometimes see these spiritually minded people ignoring the needs of their physical bodies as though the physical body is lesser than the energetic body.
Like a peanut in its shell, the human body is the vessel which houses the soul so that it can have an experience in physicality. The human body is just as important to your overall well-being as your energetic body is. We must give equal attention to both, for one cannot exist without the other.
When you die, your physical shell, the body, stops functioning and it can no longer house your soul, so your soul goes back home to the ether and you can choose to reincarnate into another human body when you desire.
Likewise, without a soul, the physical body cannot exist. So as soon as the soul is severed from the body, or if the soul does not come into a body during pregnancy, the physical body will wither and cease to function.
It is important to nurture and provide self-care for both the body and soul. To focus on one without the other creates an imbalance.
For example, people who focus only on physical existence might have really healthy bodies, robust bank accounts, and amazing sexual relationships, but may feel disconnected, or lonely, or like there is no meaning or joy in their lives. They may not be in tune with their intuition and are thus “flying blind” so to speak when they could be tapping into a rich well spring of knowledge and guidance from the other side.
People who only focus on the spiritual can end up with their head in the clouds, opting to meditate all day in an attempt to just be a spirit, sometimes ignoring their bills, quitting their jobs so they can commune all day with the ether, or taking drugs that may put the health of their bodies at risk so they can find God or have mystical experiences.
Balance is important. We must take care of both our physical and spiritual bodies. We must give time, energy and attention to both so both are strong and thriving. Here are some ways to do that.
For the physical body:
• Ensure you have a stable source of income so that you may purchase what you need to live such as food, clothing, and shelter.
• Follow up on any physical ailments you have by seeing a medical practitioner who is well versed in how to heal the physical body.
• Keep your body in good working order by exercising, stretching, or strength training.
• Put healthy foods in your body so it has what it needs to function well.
• Engage in healthy sexual relationships when you desire.
• Spend time in the sunshine so your body can absorb vital nutrients.
• Drink plenty of water.
For the spiritual body:
• Meditate to find inner peace.
• Learn how to clear your energy or go to someone who can do it for you.
• Avoid toxic or abusive relationships.
• Learn how to access your spirit guides and intuition to receive wisdom and insight.
• Show kindness, care, and compassion to those who are struggling.
• Find your joy and live a happy life.
• Love yourself and others.
The amount of time you get to spend on Earth depends on the health of your physical body. The amount of joy you experience while on Earth depends on the health of your spiritual body. The better you take care of both, the more likely you’ll live a long, happy and healthy life.