Question: I’d love to develop psychic abilities but I have never really had anything psychic happen to me. Is it true that everyone is psychic, and if so, how do I tap into these abilities? – Jackson
Answer: I get this question a lot. The short answer is that everyone has the ability to reconnect with Source and in so doing demonstrate abilities that others might consider psychic. How’s that for vague?
In a previous post I suggested that being psychic was like tuning into a radio. Let’s take this analogy further so you can understand how psychic abilities develop and how you can get on the road to developing yours.
Being psychic is like tuning into a radio. Some radios work better than others. Some people can get a stronger signal with their radios than others. Some people have their radios on but the volume turned down. So they might be tuned to the right station but still can’t hear anything. When you seek answers from Source, it’s like trying to find a clear radio station. Be sure your radio is on, turned up, and tuned to the right frequency. Otherwise you’re going to get static, or simply hear nothing. You might think your radio is broken, when it’s actually you who is not using the equipment properly. You may need to mess with the bass or treble to hear the “song” you’re trying to hear.
So how do you get a radio?
- You need to raise your level of consciousness. Steve has written an excellent article about how to do that, and I urge you to take it seriously and work hard on it. It is really important.
- You need to raise your vibrational frequency. That means you need to bring feelings of love, peace, harmony, and compassion into your life instead of greed, selfishness, fear, anger, and hate.
- Cleanse your body. Avoid putting dead, cancerous, diseased, rotting flesh into your body or you will attract dead, rotting spirits into your life.
- Get in tune with your inner feelings and thoughts. If you can’t hear your own thoughts how can you expect to hear Source’s. Use meditation for that (or a nice hot bath with some candles and some Enya).
- Be sincere in your desire to help people. Source doesn’t want to hand the keys to the Corvette to a drunken teenager. Show that you can be a responsible “radio-owner.”
- Practice. Try listening to Source. Try seeing the messages Source is trying to send you. Look for synchronicities. Look for other people who are Eagles instead of Bears.
- You can read books if you want to, but you still have to do all the above work yourself. You can read until you’re blue in the face and it won’t matter if you haven’t done what I’ve suggested above. It’s like reading the manual to your radio but never turning it on.
I never learned how to be psychic from reading a book. My connection with Source and my ability to hear what others can’t hear came from the sincere desire to help people on this planet, and then asking Source to help me accomplish this.